If you are like me and don’t own a toaster, and freeze or buy frozen waffles, this air fryer hack is perfect for your mornings. Frozen waffles thaw and warm up in the air fryer in less than 10 minutes.
So, in less than 10 minutes, you can have perfectly cooked waffles for breakfast that taste just as good as they do out of the waffle maker.
You can use this method for store-bought frozen waffles or a batch of waffles that you’ve made and frozen for later.
It is so easy, it takes very little time and almost no clean up. Keep your waffles in the freezer from now on, because thawing and reheating just got much easier.
What You Need to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
I used regular waffles here, but I’ve used this method for everything from strawberry stuffed waffles to peanut butter waffles and even vegan waffles. Here is everything you need.
- Frozen Waffles
- Air Fryer
- Cooling Rack
How To Warm Frozen Waffles in the Air Fryer
Take the waffles out of the freezer and arrange on a single layer in the air fryer basket. Depending on how big the air fryer is and the size of the waffles, you might have to work in batches.
Turn the air fryer to 350F and cook for about 5 minutes, flipping midway through.
Remove from the air fryer basket and lay on top of a cooling rack. Repeat with the rest of the waffles.
Use your favorite toppings and serve.
How To Cook Frozen Waffles in the Air Fryer
- 8 frozen waffles such as Eggos
- toppings such as maple syrup, fresh berries, etc.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350F.
- Remove the frozen waffles from the freezer and place them in the air fryer basket. If you can't fit all of them at once work in batches.
- Cook for about 5 minutes flipping midway through. The time depends on the fryer so keep an eye on them.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
Hristina Polk focuses on Mediterranean fusion meals inspired by her Eastern European culture and the places she has traveled.