This air fryer frittata recipe takes the crowd-pleasing, nutritious dish we all love and turns it into an easy and delicious meal you can make especially when you’re in a hurry.
What’s not to love about frittatas? They’re loaded with colorful, flavourful vegetables, packed with nutrients and full of protein. This versatile Italian egg dish is sure to be a brunch favorite.
When making frittatas, it’s hard to screw things up, and I truly encourage you to make this your own, but there are two things you should definitely consider:
1. Whisk your dairy into your eggs. This creates a fluffy, custardy texture. Forget this step and you’re biting into a dense, flat meal that no one can get behind. If you’re lactose intolerant, a plant-based dairy will also do the trick.
2. Try not to overstuff your frittata. With more than five added toppings, flavors start to compete. Because each vegetable cooks at a different time, some can end up crispy while others are soggy. We found the sweet spot to be five toppings max.
What You Need to Make an Air Fryer Frittata
This recipe requires only nine ingredients. The eggs and milk are a must as that is the base. Plant-based options will also work. Other ingredients like spinach, mushrooms and onions can be substituted for your favorite vegetables, just know that cook times will vary depending on the ingredients added.
Frittatas are very forgiving, so this is a great opportunity to use any leftover ingredients you can find in your fridge.
- White onions
- Whole milk
- Portobello mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Dried basil
- Baby spinach
- Fresh oregano
How To Make an Air Fryer Frittata
Whisk in eggs in milk: In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk. Whisk until well combined. This creates a custardy texture, so take your time until they are thoroughly combined.
Add toppings: Add all the remaining ingredients and mix.
Pour into baking dish: Pour mixture into a round baking dish that fits into the air fryer. I found a 9” round baking dish works if you don’t have a casserole dish, but please check the capacity before placing it in the air fryer.
Bake until golden brown: Place in an air fryer and bake at 375˚F for 15-20 minutes or until the frittata has solidified and there is no jiggle.
Garnish and serve: Garnish with fresh oregano and serve.
What is the best egg-to-dairy ratio?
For every 6 eggs, you should add around ¼ cup dairy. If you prefer a fluffier frittata, feel free to add more dairy. You can also use cream, yogurt, or sour cream and they will also create that fluffy, custardy texture.
Air Fryer Frittata
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup white onions diced
- ⅓ cup crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach rough chopped
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano to garnish
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Pour mixture into a round baking dish.
- Place in an air fryer and bake at 375˚F for 15-20 minutes or until egg frittata has solidified and there is no jiggle.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and serve.
Here are some other recipes & posts you might also like!
- What to Serve With a Frittata
- Omelette Bites
- Egg Tortilla
- Egg Puffs
- Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
- Hash Brown Omelette
- Mexican Omelette
Matthew is a recipe developer and food photographer based in Canada. He enjoys all things food, drink and makes his best decisions with a mimosa in hand.