These tiny, fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside mochi waffle bites are so easy to make and will be your new favorite waffle recipe.
The fluffy and spongy texture that the mochi powder provides to the waffles is out-of-this-world good! It reminds me of a breakfast cake.
I used sweet rice flour for these waffles and I will never skip it again. The result was fluffy, sweet, and crispy waffle bites.
I topped them with simple toppings like powdered sugar and maple syrup. They were just so light and delicate. You’ve got to try them!
What You Need to Make Mochi Waffle Bites
This mochi waffles recipe might sound different and hard to make, but the truth is it is pretty similar to a classic waffles recipe.
- All-purpose flour
- Sweet Rice Flour – you can find it in any major grocery store in the baking aisle.
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Waffle Maker
- Mixing Bowls
How To Make Mochi Waffles
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sweet rice flour, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
In a second bowl, combine the wet ingredients: eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine until frothy.
While stirring, add the wet ingredients to the dry. Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth.
Heat the waffle maker and brush both sides with vegetable oil. Scoop the batter onto the waffle maker and close. Cook until you are able to open the waffle maker without any force.
Transfer the waffle to a plate and repeat with the remainder of the batter.
Easy & Delicious Mochi Waffle Bites
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup mochiko or sweet rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, mochiko (or rice flour), salt, baking powder, and sugar. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla. Whisk to combine until frothy and pour over the flour mix. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray. Scoop 1 cup of the batter and pour into the waffle maker. Try not to overfill it because it will make a mess.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for a minute or two. Lift the top and transfer the waffle to a plate. Repeat with the rest of the batter and serve immediately.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!