These waffle tacos filled with ice cream are fun, delicious, and can be made in less than an hour. All you need is a good waffles recipe, some ice cream, and your favorite toppings to enjoy a delicious summer snack.
This recipe is easy to make and involved enough to keep the kids entertained throughout. It is pretty straightforward since it is a classic chocolate waffles recipe made even more delicious when the ice cream and other toppings are added.
I love pairing it with mint chocolate ice cream or fresh fruit and sprinkles on top. This waffle taco recipe is a staple in my house during the hot summer weekends.
What You Need to Make Waffle Tacos
For these little waffle tacos, I used a standard chocolate waffle recipe and shaped them on a taco holder. Then I added a bunch of toppings and served with plenty of napkins. Here is everything you need:
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Ice cream
- Cookie Crumbs
- Chocolate drizzle
- Waffle Maker
- Mixing Bowls
- Taco Holder
How To Make Waffle Tacos
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
In a second bowl, combine the wet ingredients: eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine until frothy.
While stirring, add the wet ingredients to the dry. Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth.
Heat the waffle maker and brush both sides with vegetable oil. Scoop the batter onto the waffle maker and close. Cook until you are able to open the waffle maker without force.
Transfer the waffle to a plate and repeat with the remaining of the batter.
When the waffles are slightly cooled and more pliable, put them on the taco holder.
Add a scoop of ice cream and top with sprinkles, chocolate syrup, or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
How do I prevent the waffles from cracking?
I usually let the waffles cool off and become softer on the outside before putting them on the taco holder. This will ensure that the waffles stay whole and don’t crack in the middle.
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed berries
- chocolate drizzle sauce
- ice cream
- french mint optional
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla. Whisk to combine until frothy and pour over the flour mix. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray. Scoop 1 cup of the batter and pour into the waffle maker. Try not to overfill it because it will make a mess.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for a minute or two. Lift the top and transfer the waffle to a taco holder. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Top the waffles with a few ice cream scoops and drizzle with the chocolate sauce. Top with fresh berries and mint.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
- Stuffed Waffles (Made With Biscuits)
- Banana Waffles
- Mochi Waffles
- Strawberry Waffles
- Peanut Butter Waffles
Hristina Polk focuses on Mediterranean fusion meals inspired by her Eastern European culture and the places she has traveled.