These peanut butter waffles are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. And while they may seem like an unlikely pair, they actually make for a delicious and nutritious meal.
Peanut butter is high in protein and healthy fats, both of which help to keep you feeling full and satisfied. And waffles are a good source of complex carbohydrates, providing energy to power your morning.
When combined, peanut butter and waffles provide a complete breakfast that will keep you going until lunchtime. So next time you’re looking for a new way to enjoy your favorite breakfast foods, give peanut butter waffles a try. You may just find that they’re the perfect way to start your day.
I used peanut butter in the batter for this recipe and the waffles came out dense, rich, and nutty-licious.
What You Need to Make Peanut Butter Waffles
This recipe is a classic nutty take on a regular waffles recipe. There are just a few ingredients required, and you most likely have all of them in the pantry already.
- All-purpose flour
- Sweet rice flour – this ingredient is optional. It will give it a little extra fluff and texture but the waffles won’t suffer if you skip it.
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Waffle Maker
- Mixing bowls
How To Make Peanut Butter Waffles
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, rice flour (if using), sugar, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
In a second bowl, combine the wet ingredients: eggs, milk, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine until frothy.
While stirring, add the wet ingredients to the dry. Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth.
Heat the waffle maker and brush both sides with vegetable oil. Scoop the batter onto the waffle maker and close. Cook until you are able to open the waffle maker without force.
Transfer the waffle to a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter.
Is peanut butter good on top of waffles?
Not only is it good on top of waffles, but it’s also good in waffle batter. Trust me on this! The combination is so satisfying, especially if you’re a fan of peanut butter.
What can I serve on top of these waffles?
Honey or maple syrup works, of course. You can also add sliced bananas, your favorite nuts, or even chocolate syrup if you want to make it more dessert like.
Peanut Butter Waffles
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup sweet rice flour optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup peanut butter plus more for serving
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla. Whisk to combine until frothy and pour over the flour mix. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray. Scoop 1 cup of the batter and pour into the waffle maker. Try not to overfill it because it will make a mess.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for a minute or two. Lift the top and transfer the waffle to a plate. Repeat with the rest of the batter and serve immediately.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
- Banana Waffles
- Mochi Waffles
- Nutella Waffles
- Waffle Tacos
- Strawberry Waffles
- Stuffed Waffles (Made With Biscuits)
Hristina Polk focuses on Mediterranean fusion meals inspired by her Eastern European culture and the places she has traveled.