This savory stuffed waffle recipe is the perfect solution to using up leftover veggies and eggs that you might have in the fridge. And it comes with a surprise twist–biscuits!
Sure, you can make waffles using batter like everyone else… or you can swap your batter for biscuits to make something that’s savory and delightful.
This recipe is easy to make, contains everything you love about breakfast, and is vegetarian. Pair it with your favorite hot sauce, sour cream, or hummus, and enjoy with a cup of fresh orange juice.
You can use bell peppers and cheddar cheese like I did, or you can replace it with another veggie and cheese combo that’s lingering in your fridge. The possibilities are endless!
What You Need to Make Stuffed Waffles
- Biscuits – freshly baked or leftover.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Red Bell Pepper
- Garlic – fresh or powdered.
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Waffle Maker
- Mixing Bowls
- Non-stick Pan
How To Make Stuffed Waffles
Making these stuffed waffles is so easy, especially if you have leftover eggs or stuffing from dinner. I made these with leftover scrambled eggs.
Make the biscuits and let them cool to room temperature. Then cut in half and set aside.
Make the eggs. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil in the nonstick pan and heat to medium.
Add the pepper and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and pour them over the peppers. Scramble them and cook until the eggs are fully cooked. You should have scrambled eggs with peppers instead of an omelette.
Heat the waffle maker and brush a little bit of vegetable oil on the plates. Add the bottom of the biscuit and top it with the eggs, cheddar cheese and the other half of the biscuit.
Close the waffle maker and press so the melted cheese seals the biscuit together. Cook for about a minute or two until slightly crispy.
Remove from the waffle maker and serve immediately.
What can I serve with stuffed waffles?
I serve them on their own with a little bit of sour cream or yogurt on the side. You can also serve them with roasted potatoes or your favorite potato side dish.
Stuffed Waffles (Made With Biscuits)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 to 6 biscuits cut in half
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeno chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Hear a large drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook the red bell peppers and jalapeno until tender. Add the garlic and continue to cook for about one more minute. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper until frothy. Cook over medium heat in the same non-stick pan. Mix in the pepper mix when the eggs are almost done. You should have scrambled eggs, not an omelette. Remove from the heat and transfer to a plate.
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with a non-stick spray. Arrange the bottom with half of the bottom part of the biscuits. Top them with the scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese. Put the top of the biscuits and close the waffle iron.
- Cook for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and the waffle is formed. Remove from the waffle iron and transfer to a plate. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!