This classic strawberry waffles recipe will be your family’s next favorite breakfast. It is delicious, quick to make, and a fun way to spice up a plain stack of waffles.
I love this recipe because the strawberries give the flavor of summer and they are definitely in season right now. Pair it with your favorite breakfast or enjoy on the go—this strawberry waffles recipe is the best!
This breakfast is perfect for summer, when strawberries are in season. In the winter, or when your local store doesn’t have the best-looking strawberries, you can use frozen ones.
What You Need to Make Strawberry Waffles
The ingredients for this recipe are mainly pantry staples. You can definitely swap the milk for your favorite milk alternatives. The rest is easy!
- Baking Powder
- Eggs – if you are going the plant-based route, use bananas instead.
- Milk – whole milk is my choice, but feel free to swap it for your preferred milk.
- Vanilla extract – or orange extract for a little zing!
- Fresh Strawberries – or frozen and thawed works too.
How To Make Strawberry Waffles
Mix the dry ingredients first. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Whisk until everything is well incorporated and set aside.
Whisk together the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Pour over the dry mix and whisk until smooth and well combined.
In a third mixing bowl, toss the strawberries and a little bit of flour. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom.
Fold them into the waffle mix.
Preheat your waffle maker and spray with a non-stick spray. Scoop about a cup of batter and close the machine. Cook for a minute or two.
Remove the waffles from the waffle maker and transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve immediately with fresh strawberries on top!
What should I serve with strawberry waffles?
I always serve them with fresh strawberries, butter, and maple syrup. You can put honey and fresh juice on the table as well.
Classic Strawberry Waffles
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries chopped, plus more for serving
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla. Whisk to combine until frothy and pour over the flour mix. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl toss the strawberries in 1 tablespoon of flour. Fold into the batter.
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray. Scoop 1 cup of the batter and pour into the waffle maker. Try not to overfill it because it will make a mess.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for a minute or two. Lift the top and transfer the waffle to a plate. Repeat with the rest of the batter and serve immediately.
- Serve with fresh strawberries on top.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!