If you want to make homemade waffles without dairy, then look no further. This simple and delicious waffle recipe with no milk or butter is a great lactose-free option.
They are perfect for picky eaters and those who are lactose intolerant. If you swap the eggs for bananas, you can even make them vegan.
In this recipe, I substituted milk for water and butter for a vegan option. It came out just as fluffy and delicious as the original recipe.
What You Need to Make Waffles with No Milk
Like most waffles recipes, you probably already have everything you need in your pantry. It doesn’t take much to make this recipe as long as you have all ingredients ready to go into the bowl.
- All-purpose flour
- Cacao powder (optional)
- Baking powder
- Eggs – or use bananas instead for vegan waffles.
- Vegan butter
- Water – or any non-dairy milk alternative.
- Vanilla extract
- Strawberries – for serving
- Waffle Maker
- Mixing Bowls
How To Make Waffles With No Milk
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, cacao powder, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
In a second bowl, combine eggs, water, butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine until frothy.
While stirring, add the wet ingredients to the dry. Continue whisking until smooth.
Heat the waffle maker and brush both sides with vegetable oil. Scoop the batter onto the waffle maker and close. Cook until you are easily able to open the waffle maker.
Transfer the waffle to a plate. Serve with strawberries on the side and top with your favorite pancake toppings.
Classic Chocolate Strawberry Waffles with No Milk
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup water or nut milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- strawberries for serving
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl combine the eggs, water or nut milk, butter, and vanilla. Whisk to combine until frothy and pour over the flour mix. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray. Scoop 1 cup of the batter and pour into the waffle maker. Try not to overfill it because it will make a mess.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for a minute or two. Lift the top and transfer the waffle to a plate. Repeat with the rest of the batter and serve immediately with some strawberries on the side.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!