Inspired by the classic British dessert banoffee, this banana and cream oatmeal will make your mornings much sweeter.
The explosion of flavor and textures will make you want to repeat this breakfast over and over again. The creaminess of the oatmeal and the cream, the crunchiness of the cookies, the sweetness of the banana and the condensed milk combine to make one phenomenal breakfast.
This is a perfect option for a Sunday breakfast, a surprise for your special one, or even a little treat for your kids. Whoever you make it for will certainly appreciate it.
Aside from preparing the oatmeal, you won’t need to cook much for this recipe. All the ingredients can be prepared in advance, which makes assembling all the layers that much easier.
Another great thing about this banana and cream oatmeal is that you can eat it straight away, or reserve it in the fridge and eat it cold later.
What You Need to Make Banana & Cream Oatmeal
If you are an oatmeal person, you will certainly have most of the ingredients needed for this recipe.
Some extras are the condensed milk, digestive cookies, and cream.
- Rolled oats
- Oat milk
- Cooked condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Digestive cookies
- Powdered sugar
You can also adjust this recipe to make it vegan by switching the normal cream for a vegetable cream and the same for the condensed milk.
Actually, you can make your own vegan condensed milk by using coconut milk and brown sugar, and cooking it on low heat for about 30 minutes.
Also, make sure that the cookies you are using are vegan friendly.
How To Make Banana and Cream Oatmeal
Start by adding the oats, ½ mashed banana and the milk in a small pan. Let the oatmeal cook for about 5 minutes on low heat.
While the oatmeal is cooking, in a bowl, whip the cream with the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar.
In another bowl, crush the digestive cookies.
Once the oatmeal is ready, it’s time to make the layers. In a glass or a bowl, pour 1 tablespoon of the oatmeal, then 1 teaspoon of the condensed milk, some crushed cookies, and the cream.
Add a few slices of banana and some more cookies on top and it’s ready to eat.
Banana And Cream Oatmeal
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat milk
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cooked condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup crushed digestive cookies
- In a small pan, add the oats, ½ banana mashed and the milk, and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- On the side, whip the cream together with the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar.
- In another bowl, crush the digestive cookies, so you get medium size chunks.
- Once the oatmeal is ready, let’s prepare the layers.
- In a glass or a bowl, pour 1 tbsp of the oatmeal, then 1 tsp of the condensed milk, some crushed cookies and the cream.
- Add a few slices of banana and some more cookies on top and it’s ready to eat.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Peach Baked Oatmeal
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
- Cinnamon And Spice Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal
Liliya Balinska is a recipe developer, food photographer, and yoga teacher based in Portugal. She's been passionate about cooking and food art since she was young.