This colorful strawberries and cream oatmeal is so easy to make, that it’s the perfect option for even those busy mornings.
With just a few ingredients, this breakfast will fill you with energy all morning. A nice and creamy bowl of oatmeal, covered by a refreshing strawberry sauce—who could resist?
If it’s strawberry season in your area, perfect! This oatmeal recipe is a great way to use up all the extra strawberries you have in the fridge. If not, you can still make this recipe by using frozen strawberries.
If you don’t have time in the morning, you can prepare the strawberry sauce in advance and keep it in the fridge. You can even use it later for other recipes, like as a topping for yogurt or pancakes.
What You Need to Make Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
For this recipe, you only need 5 ingredients: oats, strawberries, oat milk, cream, and brown sugar. Optional ingredients that I like to include are chia seeds and vanilla extract.
In order to make this oatmeal even healthier or vegan-friendly, you only need to substitute the cream for coconut milk, which will give you the same creamy texture.
- Rolled Oats
- Oat milk
- Cream or Coconut milk
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Brown sugar
How To Make Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal
Start by mashing half a cup of strawberries.
Then, in a small pan, add the oats, half of the brown sugar, half of the cream, and oat milk. You can also add the chia seeds and the vanilla extract if you’re using them.
Let it cook for about 5 minutes on low heat. Once it’s cooked, add the mashed strawberries and let it cook for another minute.
In another pan, prepare the strawberry sauce. Add the rest of the strawberries and the brown sugar and let it cook for about 5 minutes on low-medium heat. Once the strawberries become soft, mash them with a fork so they release the juice.
Once you have enough juice, strain it into a small bowl and set it aside.
Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and top with more cream and the strawberry sauce.
Is Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal Healthy?
Definitely! Strawberries and cream oatmeal is nourishing and made of natural ingredients. If you substitute the regular cream for coconut milk, and the brown sugar for agave, for example, you will have a 100% healthy breakfast, full of flavor and guilt-free.
Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup oat milk
- ½ cup cream or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Start by mashing half a cup of strawberries.
- In a small pan, add the oats, half of the brown sugar, chia seeds, oat milk, half of the cream, and the vanilla extract. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, on low heat. At the end add the mashed strawberries, and let it cook for another minute.
- In another pan, prepare the strawberry sauce. So, add the rest of the strawberries and the brown sugar and let it cook for about 5 minutes on low-medium heat. Once the strawberries become soft, with a fork start to mash them, so they release the juice.
- Once you have enough juice, strain it into a small bowl, and reserve.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl, top with cream and the strawberry sauce.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!