This chocolate chip baked oatmeal has the same texture as cake, but without any flour. It is sweet, soft and fluffy, and has a nice chocolate flavor. This breakfast recipe is a serious must-try! Plus it’s easy to make into mini cupcakes for kids .
If you’re planning a brunch with guests, especially one with kids, this makes a great addition to any table. Just be sure to make enough, because these will go fast!
Although it looks and tastes like a cake, don’t be intimidated—this recipe is so EASY to make. The blender and the oven do most of the work here.
What You Need to Make Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
To make this recipe, you mostly like will have everything in your pantry/fridge already.
If you don’t have the chocolate chips, you can still make this recipe. Just use some chocolate that you have at home and break it into tiny pieces.
For a vegan version, substitute the normal egg with a flax seed egg and use vegan chocolate instead.
- Rolled oats
- Oat milk
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Baking powder
How To Make Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
Start by pouring all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, into a blender and mix it for about 30-60 seconds, until you get a nice smooth consistency.
Grease the baking cups with butter so the mixture won’t stick.
Pour about one soup spoon into an individual baking cup (you can also use a cupcake tray, for smaller portions).
Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top, or if you want to have some inside, you can mix them into the dough with a spoon.
Bake it for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 350º F (180 C). Let it rest for 5 minutes, then serve.
Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp agave/honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Take all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and pour them into a blender.
- Mix it for about 30-60 seconds, until you get a nice smooth consistency.
- Pour it into an individual baking cup (you can also use a cupcake tray, for smaller portions).
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top, or if you want to have some inside, you can mix them into the dough with a spoon.
- Bake it for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 350º F (180 C).
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and there you go. Homemade Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Cups.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal
- Peach Baked Oatmeal
- Cinnamon And Spice Oatmeal
- Banana And Cream Oatmeal
- Air Fryer Oatmeal
- Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
Liliya Balinska is a recipe developer, food photographer, and yoga teacher based in Portugal. She's been passionate about cooking and food art since she was young.