If you’re ever in the mood for a delicious and unique breakfast, you should definitely try these tres leches pancakes. This recipe is pretty simple to follow, and the end result is mouthwatering.
The pancakes are soft, fluffy, and soaked in a sweet milk mixture made with cream, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk.
Tres leches pancakes go great with any toppings, but it’s best if they’re unsweetened. Less-sweet berries are best, such as raspberries, strawberries, or cherries.
Before serving, pour the sauce on top of the pancakes and wait until they’re absorbed. Top with berries and serve—it’s incredibly simple and delicious!
These pancakes are a fun spin on tres leches cake, which is popular in Central and South America. Whip these up whenever you have a taste for something sweet—you might like these even more than the dessert!
What You Need to Make Tres Leches Pancakes
- Sugar – either white or brown will do
- Baking powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla extract
Tres Leches Cream:
- Evaporated milk
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cream – Fat content of 15-35%.
How To Make Tres Leches Pancakes
In a bowl, pour the sifted wheat flour, as well as salt, baking powder and sugar. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
Now for the liquid ingredients—mix eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Carefully pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a whisk. As a result, you should get a thick smooth dough without lumps.
Preheat the pan and pour a little dough on a hot, dry surface. Flip the pancake as soon as bubbles appear on its surface. On the other side, fry for another two minutes.
Pour all three types of milk into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring. Remove the saucepan from heat. Stack your pancakes, pour the sauce on top, and serve with berries.
Tres Leches Pancakes
- 1 ½ cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pc egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Tres leches cream
- ⅓ cup evaporated milk
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup cream
- First, measure the right amount of flour and other dry ingredients, pour into a bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Then beat the egg in another bowl, add milk, melted butter and vanilla extract, mix.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, stir with a whisk or spoon until you get a smooth dough that is not too runny.
- Pour a little dough onto the hot surface of the pan and fry the pancakes for two minutes on each side.
- Mix three types of milk in a saucepan, bring to a boil and turn off the heat. Drizzle sauce over three milk pancakes before serving. Additionally, serve a sweet tasty sauce in a small bowl (saucer).
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
- Brunch Dessert Ideas
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Fruity Pebbles Pancakes
- Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Mochi Pancakes
- French Toast Pancakes
Yuliia is a food photographer and chef based in the UK. She likes to cook interesting dishes and take great pictures.