If you’re looking for a delicious and easy breakfast recipe, you have to try these sweet cream pancakes! These pancakes are light, fluffy and creamy—perfect for a weekend breakfast! The secret is to use sweet cream butter instead of regular butter, which gives them an extra-rich flavor.
Just like other kinds of pancakes, these are easy to prepare, so you can whip them up in no time with just a few ingredients. Serve with berries, syrup, melted chocolate, or condensed milk for a special breakfast treat.
What You Need to Make Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Baking powder
- Baking Soda
- Sugar – I use brown cane sugar in the recipe to give the pancakes a caramel flavor. You can also use white sugar.
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
How To Make Sweet Cream Pancakes
Pour the sifted flour into a deep bowl, then add sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir with a whisk or spoon.
In another bowl, beat the egg and then add the cream, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix everything.
Pour liquid ingredients into a bowl with dry ingredients. Mix with a whisk until the dough is smooth.
See how airy the dough turns out?
Pour a little dough into the hot skillet. Fry pancakes for 2-3 minutes per side on low heat. Transfer the finished pancakes to a plate, drizzle with your favorite sauce, and serve.
Sweet Cream Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 pcs eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup 35% cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix all dry ingredients in a convenient bowl using a whisk.
- In another bowl, mix all liquid ingredients.
- Slowly add liquid to dry ingredients and continue mixing.
- As a result, you will get a thick dough with air bubbles.
- Fry the pancakes in a hot dry frying pan for 2 minutes. Serve with syrup and berries.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Fruity Pebbles Pancakes
- Tres Leches Pancakes
- Mochi Pancakes
- French Toast Pancakes
Yuliia is a food photographer and chef based in the UK. She likes to cook interesting dishes and take great pictures.