If you grew up in the 90’s and are a fan of old-school cereal, then you’ll love this recipe for Fruity Pebbles pancakes. These pancakes are fluffy, flavorful, and perfect for a weekend breakfast.
So gather your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a dose of nostalgia with a delicious stack of Fruity Pebbles pancakes.
Honestly, making these pancakes is no harder than making any other kind. The cereal is incorporated into the batter, which adds a delightful crunch and burst of flavor to every bite. The hardest part is not shoving cereal in your mouth while you’re waiting for the pancakes to cook.
When you’re making these pancakes, keep in mind that the cereal is quite sweet, so you can add less sugar to the batter. And if the pancakes turn out to be not sweet enough, you can always add syrup or honey.
What You Need to Make Fruity Pebbles Pancakes
If you already have Fruity Pebbles lying around, you probably won’t need to take a trip to the store, as all the ingredients are pretty standard pantry fare.
- Wheat flour – to make pancakes fluffier, you can sift it twice.
- Baking powder
- Milk – I used almond milk here, but any milk or milk alternative will do.
- Melted butter – unsalted butter is best. If you’re using salted butter, omit the salt from the recipe.
- Egg – large or medium.
- Fruity Pebbles
How To Make Fruity Pebbles Pancakes
Transfer the sifted wheat flour to a deep bowl and add sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix until combined. You should get a completely homogeneous dry mixture.
In another deep bowl, combine the egg, milk and melted butter. Beat for a couple of minutes until you get a homogeneous liquid mass.
Gradually pour the liquid into the bowl with flour and mix with a whisk. You know the dough is ready when there is not a single unmixed lump of flour.
Add Fruity Pebbles and mix gently with a spoon. Start frying the pancakes right away.
Heat a non-stick pan on low heat. Spoon a small amount of dough onto the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked.
Top pancakes with Fruity Pebbles and syrup.
Fruity Pebbles Pancakes
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 pc egg
- ½ cup Fruity Pebbles
- In a bowl, mix wheat flour, salt, sugar and baking powder thoroughly.
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg, milk and melted butter.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients, then add Fruity Pebbles and mix gently with a spoon.
- Heat non-stick pan on low heat. Spoon pancake mix onto pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Top with Fruity Pebbles and syrup and serve.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
- Oat Milk Pancakes
- Pancake In A Mug
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes (3 Ingredients)
- Oreo Pancakes
- Banana Foster Pancakes
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Tres Leches Pancakes
Yuliia is a food photographer and chef based in the UK. She likes to cook interesting dishes and take great pictures.