These pancakes in a mug are the perfect breakfast for busy people. They’re easy to make, and you can customize them with your favorite toppings.
Plus, they’re a great way to use up any leftover batter. If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast that the whole family will love, mug pancakes are the way to go!
You can serve it with a pat of butter, a few chocolate shavings, or make it healthy and add berries. Then (of course) top with maple syrup or honey.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that serving pancakes in a mug is super convenient, eliminating the need to scrub a pan afterward.
What You Need to Make a Pancake in a Mug
The ingredients are so common in the kitchen that you can make this mug pancake at any time. You can also experiment with the type of flour you use, like whole grain, oat. You can even swap milk, using non-dairy options like almond, oat, or soy.
When you mix all the ingredients, half of the mug will be filled. You don’t need to add more flour or milk as the pancake will expand as it cooks.
You can even make this a yummy chocolate pancake if you add cocoa powder.
- Wheat flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter (unsalted) – You can replace it with coconut oil.
- Almond milk – You can also replace it with other milk of your choice.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla sugar or vanilla paste will also work.
How To Make a Pancake in a Mug
First, grease the mug with a little butter. Then pour the sifted flour, baking powder, and sugar into it. Mix thoroughly with a spoon until completely combined. The baking powder should be evenly distributed throughout the flour.
Pour milk into a mug, as well as melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix with a spoon until you get a homogeneous, thick dough.
Put the mug in the microwave and cook for one minute on medium power to start. If it’s not ready, continue to cook in 30-second intervals until it’s ready.
Pancake In A Mug
- ⅓ cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 6 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease the mug with butter and pour the sifted flour, sugar, and baking powder into it, mix with a spoon.
- Pour in almond milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Mix everything thoroughly and put the mug in the microwave. Bake first a minute at medium power, and then two or three more times for 30 seconds until fully cooked. Let cool slightly, then serve with butter, syrup, berries, or nuts.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
- Oat Milk Pancakes
- Oreo Pancakes
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes (3 Ingredients)
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Tres Leches Pancakes
- Fruity Pebbles Pancakes
- Banana Foster Pancakes
Yuliia is a food photographer and chef based in the UK. She likes to cook interesting dishes and take great pictures.