Looking for an easy and delicious breakfast recipe? Look no further than these banana foster pancakes!
These pancakes are fluffy and flavorful, and the banana foster sauce is decadent and delicious. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top for a sweet and satisfying breakfast treat. Enjoy!
What You Need to Make Banana Foster Pancakes
To make these pancakes, you don’t need any special kitchen gadgets or special cooking skills. Everything is prepared simply and quickly, and the results are stunning.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Unsalted butter
- Ripe Bananas
- Pecans – You can also substitute walnuts
- Ground cinnamon
How To Make Banana Foster Pancakes
Mix the sifted flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a deep bowl. Use a whisk to stir.
Pour the buttermilk into another bowl and add the eggs, vanilla extract, half of the cinnamon, and melted butter. Whisk.
Now carefully pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir with a whisk until you get a thick homogeneous dough without lumps.
Heat up the pan. Pour the batter into a large glass and pour a small amount onto the hot surface. Fry pancakes for 2 minutes over low heat.
Peel the banana and cut into slices. Cut the nuts into small pieces (or large crumbs).
Put sugar, ground cinnamon and butter in a saucepan. You can also add some coarse salt. Heat over low heat for a few minutes until you get caramel.
Place bananas and nuts in a saucepan, stir, and remove from heat.
Top the pancakes with the caramel sauce and serve warm.
- Use a ripe banana. It’s softer and will soak up the sweet caramel sauce better.
- Use brown cane sugar to make the sauce tastier.
- To make pancake dough faster, you can use a hand mixer, especially if you’re making a large batch of these. If you don’t have much dough, then a hand whisk will do.
- Try making salted caramel using coarse sea salt or salted butter. Besides pecans, by the way, any nuts will do. You can even use nut mix.
Banana Foster Pancakes
- 2 pcs egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups wheat flour
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter + 3 tbsp
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pc banana
- 4 tbsp pecan
- In a deep bowl, mix dry ingredients using a whisk.
- In another bowl, mix the liquid ingredients, adding half of the ground cinnamon as well.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients, mixing thoroughly with a whisk.
- Fry fluffy pancakes in a dry frying pan, holding for 2 minutes on each side.
- Finely chop the peeled banana and finely chop the pecans.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a saucepan. While stirring, boil liquid caramel (after 2 minutes or less).
- Add chopped bananas and nuts to the saucepan, stir and remove the saucepan from heat. Serve caramel sauce with warm pancakes.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!