This delicious and filling avocado omelette is the best breakfast to get your day going strong. The creamy texture of the avocado pairs perfectly with the fluffy eggs and the saltiness of the bacon.
Drizzle a little bit of hot sauce on top and enjoy with crispy bread slices.
I love this recipe because it is easy to make and inexpensive. I use the whole avocado for one omelette, so there is plenty of creamy goodness inside and on top of the omelette.
What You Need to Make This Avocado Omelette
This avocado omelette recipe is easy and pretty straightforward. As in any omelette, the ingredients are folded inside the eggs, so make sure you have everything you need.
- Bacon – cooked and chopped into pieces.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Fresh parsley – for garnish.
- Mixing Bowl
- Whisk – preferably stainless steel.
- Non-stick pan – the size depends on how many eggs you will use. If you follow this recipe and use three eggs, then make sure to have a medium-size skillet with a lid. This will ensure the even cooking of the omelette.
How To Make an Avocado Omelette
This avocado omelette recipe with bacon is easy, quick, and makes a big portion. It’s a great breakfast for two.
Cook the bacon. Whether you are cooking it in the oven or in a pan, it’s up to you, but get it to nice and crisp bacon bits.
In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well beaten and frothy.
Heat a medium non-stick skillet to medium heat and drizzle with olive oil.
Once the oil is hot enough, add the eggs and cook. Using a spatula, push the edges slightly as it settles. Cover and cook for a minute or two. The omelette is done when it’s set on the bottom and slightly wet on top.
Add the cheese, tomato, bacon bits and avocado slices on one side of the omelette.
Using a spatula, flip the empty side on top. Turn the heat off.
Slide the omelette onto a plate and garnish with parsley.
Can you put avocado inside an omelette?
The short answer is yes. I add the avocado at the very end, making it soft and creamy.
What goes with this avocado omelette?
Almost any toppings or sides will go with it. I usually serve it with roasted potatoes or a fruit bowl. You can add salsa or sour cream on the side as well.
Can I leave out the bacon?
Yes! For a healthier or vegetarian option, you can leave the bacon out and it will taste just as good.
What types of cheese can I use?
If you are not feeling the cheddar cheese, you can use pepper jack (for a slight kick), gouda, or top the omelette with goat cheese.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp bacon chopped into small pieces
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup tomato
- cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp sweet paprika
- parsley for garnish
- Heat the pan to medium heat. Drizzle a little olive oil and add the bacon. Cook until slightly crispy. Transfer to a plate. Discard the grease from the pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, sea salt, black pepper, and sweet paprika. Whisk until frothy.
- Heat the pan to medium heat again and drizzle with olive oil. When the oil is hot enough add the eggs and cook for about 5-10 minutes. Using a spatula push the ends as they settle.
- When the omelette is cooked and slightly wet on the top add the cooked bacon bits, tomatoes, cheese, and avocado slices on one side and flip the other on top.
- Slide the omelette to a plate and top with more avocado slices and parsley.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!