This vibrant and colorful way to use leftover brisket is going to make your Taco Tuesdays even better! Made with avocados, scrambled eggs, limes, and cabbage, these brisket breakfast tacos are the perfect dish to eat on your own or share with friends and family.
This is also a really great recipe to make in advance as many of the ingredients can be made and stored separately for up to two weeks. When you’re ready, reheat the brisket and scrambled eggs and enjoy!
You can serve these brisket breakfast tacos with a side of fresh fruit like sliced mango, pineapple, or berries to add a sweet and refreshing element to the meal. If you’re looking for a more savory option, a side of crispy hash browns or breakfast potatoes would complement the tender brisket perfectly.
What You Need To Make Brisket Breakfast Tacos
Other than the brisket, many of these ingredients are best when they are fresh. This will require a quick trip to the grocery store.
I used flour tortillas, but corn tortillas can also work. If you don’t have any leftover brisket, you can get slices of fresh brisket from a deli store.
- Flour tortillas
- Cheddar cheese
- Red onion
- Pickled jalapenos
- Leftover brisket
- Olive oil
How To Make Brisket Breakfast Tacos
Heat your tortillas: Heat a nonstick frying pan on medium. Add your tortillas and heat until warm and it begins to bubble. Flip, and set aside once warm. Repeat with all the tortillas. Be sure to cover them with a lid or dish towel to keep them warm.
Whisk your eggs: In a small bowl, crack your eggs. Add spices (optional) and whisk until combined. Once ready, set aside.
Cook your eggs: Heat a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add your eggs and cook until scrambled occasionally, breaking with your spatula, about 5 minutes. Once ready, set aside.
Reheat your brisket: Clean your skillet and heat it on medium heat. Add oil, followed by red onions, and cook until translucent.
Add brisket and cover with a lid until warm. If the brisket begins to dry out, add water or barbeque sauce. Once ready, set aside. You can also reheat the brisket in the microwave or oven if you prefer.
Assemble and serve: Begin assembling your tacos with all the ingredients, starting with the cabbage, followed by the eggs, brisket, jalapenos, and avocado. Be sure to make sure there is enough sauce. Garnish with cilantro.
Serve and enjoy!
What sauces can I have with this?
There are many sauces you can serve with these brisket breakfast tacos. Between you and me, the more sauces, the better! Sour cream, salsa, and barbeque sauce are easy, and you can definitely sauce it up with a chipotle crema, tomato passata, or even a tomatillo sauce. Have fun with it because these fresh ingredients work great with a saucier taco.
What can I have with these tacos?
Tacos are great on their own, but if you want to have some sides, there are many options! Nachos or chilaquiles are a great side to go along with it. Other choices like mango salsa and drinks like a margarita or sweet tea can really impress your guests and turn it into a fiesta.
Brisket Breakfast Tacos
- 3 small flour tortillas
- ½ avocado diced
- 2 eggs
- ½ lime squeezed
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- ½ red onion sliced
- 5-8 pieces pickled jalapenos
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- ⅓ cup cabbage
- 1 cup leftover brisket
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat a nonstick frying pan on medium.
- Add your tortillas and heat until warm and it begins to bubble.
- Flip and repeat until warm on both sides. Repeat with all the tortillas and be sure to cover them with a lid or dish towel to keep them warm.
- In a small bowl, crack your eggs. Add spices (optional) and whisk until combined. Once ready, set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil, followed by your eggs, and cook until scrambled occasionally, breaking with your spatula, about 5 minutes. Once ready, set aside.
- Clean your skillet or heat another skillet on medium heat.
- Add remaining oil followed by red onions and cook until translucent.
- Add brisket and cover with a lid until warm.
- If the brisket begins to dry out, add water or barbeque sauce. Once ready, set aside.
- Begin assembling your tacos with all the ingredients starting with the cabbage followed by the eggs, brisket, jalapenos, and avocado. Enjoy!
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Burritos
- Breakfast Burrito Bowls
- Green Chile Breakfast Burrito
- Chicken Breakfast Burrito
- Steak Breakfast Burrito
- Breakfast Potato Burrito
- Taco Omelette
Matthew is a recipe developer and food photographer based in Canada. He enjoys all things food, drink and makes his best decisions with a mimosa in hand.